RESEARCHING IN BARCELONA
Continously over time, Catalunya’s R&D imperative policies have been the following:
- Human resources in every stage of the researcher’s career, from PhD formation to consolidation. Particularly, the interest from highly regarded researchers, taking as a starting point scientific and academical merits, exclusively.
- Our own standard of research centers.
- Prominent research facilities.
Catalunya, the population of which is 1,5% of the European Union, generates almost 1% of the worldwide scientific production and 2,9% of the European Union’s. Particularly significant is Catalunya’s leadership when it comes to the Excellence in Research grants given by the European Research Counsel (ERC), as it places second in the European Union with regard to number of grants per population.
Catalunya’s scientific policy is assembled through the Research and Innovation Plan (PRI) →, the tool with which the Generalitat applies the task of planning, developing and coordinating research and innovation in the country. This program is grounded in the RIS3CAT → strategy, which describes the main objectives in researching and innovation in terms of intelligent specialization in Catalunya during the 2014-2020 period and which aims to strengthen the sectorial areas in which Catalunya is highly competitive.
CERCA centers are organized according to an operating model that ensures efficiency, management flexibility, recruitment and promotion of talent, strategic planning and executive capacity.
- L’IRTA desenvolupa dos productes biològics per combatre la podridura causada per Monilinia en presseguers
- Researchers identify a new chromatin regulatory mechanism linked to SirT6
- Researchers identify a new NF-kB pathway regulatory mechanism linked to SirT6
- InWOC makes it to the second phase of BIST’s Ignite Programme
- Ref. 04 / 2018 – Pathologist Position