The Universitat de Barcelona (UB) organizes guided visits every month to its Historical Building, by Elies Rogent. On October 22 1863 the first stone of the monumental building of the UB in the Place Universitat was put. The works lasted two decades, although in 1873 the first lectures could be given. The work acquired great importance for the urban development of the city, since it was one of the first buildings to be raised outside the old walls. Visits are free, they last a little more than an hour and a guided tour takes the participants through the noble spaces of the Historical Building and ends in the Reserve Collection of the Library, where the librarians themselves show the bibliographic treasures of the UB. Prior registration is required by calling 93 402 02 02 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: 22/11/2016, 13/12/2016, 26/01/2017, 28/02/2017, 14/03/2016, 30/03/2017, 25/05/2017, 20/06/2017 and 25/07/2017 Time: 11:00 am
11/05/2017 Time: 04:00 pm
Where: Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585. Barcelona