Abat Oliba CEU University, established as a private university in 2003, is one of the three universities promoted by the San Pablo CEU Foundation, an educational institution with more than 85 years’ experience in the field of teaching. The University offers a range of academic options that is unique in the Catalan market, with degrees and double degrees in many subjects. Moreover, Abat Oliba CEU University is whole-heartedly committed to the internationalisation of its studies, offering a number of bilingual degree courses.
Aware of its importance to the professional future of its students, the University has developed a teaching methodology based on small class numbers, workshops and practical seminars, a programme of individual tutorials, a programme for the development of competencies and international mobility, with internships abroad, among other things to ensure the finest training to prepare students to join the professional world, whether in our country or elsewhere. The employment rate among students is 90.1%, one of the highest among all Catalan universities in the field of social science (2017 AQU Insertion into Employment Survey).
Abat Oliba CEU University is committed to academic and professional excellence and to providing all-round formation for its students.
Reasons to study at UAO CEU
Abat Oliba CEU University is one of three universities in the CEU Group, the largest private institution of its type in Spain:
– More than 85 years forming professionals
– More than 210,000 pupils have passed through our classrooms
• 90.1% of our students find employment on completing their studies
• 90% of UAO CEU graduates in employment have university-level jobs
Survey conducted by AQU (Agency for the Quality of the University System in Catalonia) in 2017.
Our students acquire language and cultural knowledge necessary to work anywhere in the world.
• 13 bilingual/English study programmes.
• Specialisation programmes in the US and Germany.
• Study visits to both national and international companies and production centres.
• More than 100 agreements established to enable students to complete part of their studies or internships at the best universities in more than 25 countries in Europe, North America (North, Central and South), Canada and Asia.
PROGRESSIVE INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
New international experience path that enables students in all degree courses to enrich their studies with an international experience from first to fourth year. International cooperation activities, academic exchanges of teachers and students, participation in international research projects and possibility of short or long study visits to foreign universities.
TALENT & WORK AREA
This is a new service designed to help train people and prepare professionals through a truly effective system of internships and employment. The service takes companies’ needs fully into account and helps each student to bring out the best in themselves to develop their competencies and help them to achieve their professional goals. The system includes:
• Career Guidance Service
• Internship and Employment Service
• Entrepreneurial Area
• Relations with Businesses
• Innovation Area
GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
CEU is the educational institution that awards the most grants and scholarships to its students.